Brush Creek Nursery School (incorporated as Brush Creek Family Services) is a private, non-profit school supported by tuition and our annual benefit dinner/auction. The schools' name is derived from the original location of the school on Brush Creek Road. When the school opened in 1959, it was the first state-licensed nursery school in Sonoma County. The school retained the name after it moved to a larger space on Badger Road, where Brush Creek borders the property.
The school became a non-profit corporation in the early 1970's. It is guided by a Board of Directors, comprised of parents and community representatives elected to two year terms.
In 1982 the school survived a tragic fire which destroyed the building. The Badger Road school was rebuilt due to the determination of the Board and staff through the support of BCNS families. Brush Creek Nursery School continues to be a leader in local Early Childhood Education.